In order to prevent a flashover from occurring during insulator washing, the following points must be taken into consideration:
- Insulator washing should start on the lowest phase conductor.
- Always undertake the washing so that the spray does not fall on dirty insulators, as this may cause a flashover.
- Washing should always start at the bottom of the insulator, finishing at the top of the string.
- Always wash then flush the string.
- It is extremely important to consider the direction of the wind.
For additional information, see our website: https://www.mitsacy.com